Friday 17 May 2013

Portmeirion Rings for Spring Wedding

Something new for May this year, a 9mm wide, 2.5mm deep flat hammered band, stamped on the edge with the personal message and date for a lovely couple getting married this weekend.  I'm very pleased with how this hand forged ring turned out.

 I really hope the day turns out to be beautiful for them, and this gorgeous weather holds!



This deep heavy ring is part of a set, teamed with one of my 2.5mm forged broad stacker rings, made from round recycled silver stock for a really lovely organic hammered texture and look.  For more rings like this visit the Glasswing website.



Marks of oxidisation from the heating process are left on the ring, as are the marks of the hand forging process, which I do with simple tools like my trusty hammer, and a smooth, heavy ring mandrel, which is hand held.  It takes some strength to shape metal this heavy!