Tuesday 13 August 2013

The different ethical fair trade gemstones available in Glasswing Jewellery rings


Customers are always asking what gemstones I can get that are ethically sourced, so I have just updated my website to include a list and I thought I'd post it here too for information.

For more information about Glasswing ethical gemstone rings customers can visit my website.

I can now source more gemstones than ever from ethical suppliers here in the UK and abroad. More and more are becoming available as suppliers are becoming increasingly aware of the need to be socially and environmentally responsible in the the way they do business.


If customers would like to commission a ring, or other piece of jewellery and wish to incorporate a particular stone, there is a chance I will be able to source it for them.
 
So, below is a list of the stones available at the moment. If you don't see what you want, it is always worth dropping me a line through the contact page so I can see if it has become available.



3mm recycled 18K white gold recycled diamond solitaire








Ethical Gemstones 


Recycled “Harmony” Diamonds

Round cut diamonds
Rose cut diamonds (round flat bottom)
Cushion cut diamonds (rounded square)

Lab grown
Moissanite (Alternative
to diamond)

Ethical Rubies

Ruby Cabachons
Ruby faceted stones

Emerald cabachons
Emerald faceted

Opal


Ethical Sapphires
(various)

Blue Sapphire
Pink Sapphire
Yellow Sapphire
White Sapphire
Orange Sapphire
Lavender Sapphire

(Treated and untreated)


Teal tourmaline
Green tourmaline
Black tourmaline
Amethyst
Citrine
Peridot
Blue Zircon
Rhodolite
Tourmaline
Seafoam tourmaline
Diopside


Aquamarine
Moon stone
Blue moonstone

Ethical Spinel
Red Spinel
Blue Spinel
Purple Spinel
Black Spinel
White Spinel
(various)



Jadeite
Willow creek jasper
Golden desert jasper
Rhodonite
Smoky quartz
Iolite
Cortez Pearls

Purple sage chalcedony
Garnet
Rose quartz
Green quartz