Wednesday 7 January 2015

Sea glass ashes pendant in recycled silver




This sea glass pendant is a little different from my usual pieces. I have made a couple of these before, see earlier post here . I think they are a wonderful way to keep the memory of a loved one near.

It is a piece of precious remembrance jewellery, in the true sense of the word.

I constructed the pendant charm to have a little secret chamber inside, and I put a tiny amount of ashes into it, a silver cover on top and then I set the sea glass on top of that.

The ring is stamped with the words "FREE AS A BIRD NOW" in Cornish.

".... The pendant has arrived Kate, worth waiting for, it's beautiful, thank you so much. I have posted it on my Facebook site, you may possibly hear from others who would like something from Glasswing, I know that other women who have suffered bereavement are always looking for new ways to remember their loved one.
...... I hope you have a great Christmas, and thank you again for your work. Best Wishes, Julie C"

You are very welcome Julie, and warmest wishes to you x