Wednesday 23 May 2018

Gorgeous ethical sapphires for spring


I've made quite a few sea glass triple rings since the first one I made for Fran last year. Details of these can be found in an earlier blog post.

Since then, I've also been so looking forward to making one of these popular Glasswing triple rings with these beautiful ethical sapphires from Malawi, and then lo and behold, two lovely engagement ring commissions come along at once!


The first (above) is an a very low setting 3mm light teal ethical sapphire with two sweet sparkly recycled diamonds either side, set in 14ct recycled white gold on a recycled silver forged band. Low settings are great if you are active, or work in an environment where you don't want your ring getting caught in clothing or any creative work, or potentially catching on other people (like a caring or teaching environment for instance). 

These little sapphires are such a gorgeous subtle colour, they remind me of the ocean, (and sea glass funnily enough!)  I can't get enough of them!



The second commission was Katy's beautiful triple engagement ring with a trio of larger stones (those are recycled white diamonds either side)... all set in lusciously rich, eco friendly recycled 14ct yellow gold which contrasted really nicely with the slightly deeper teal of the central sapphire. The Malawi ethical sapphire which is a 5mm round brilliant cut stone, with astonishing clarity and sparkle. It's on a recycled 14ct white gold, organic texture hammered band which tapers gently towards the settings. 



Katy's delight was wonderful to read when she emailed me from Denmark where she lives ...."I have it!! Thank you so much it is so beautiful :-) exactly what I wanted, wow. I can't stop staring at it!"



If you'd like to know more about working with me to create an ethical gemstone ring  especially for you, or another piece of ethical jewellery, details and ways to contact me can be found on my website.